OM-D E-M10 Mk III histogram

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
AndyNC New Member • Posts: 12
OM-D E-M10 Mk III histogram

Hi All,

I have been using my OM-D 10 for a couple of years and saw a YouTube video by Sean Tucker on using the histogram for manual shots. I think he was using a Sony Alpha, don't know which model.

The principle being to keep the highlights just to the left of the right hand end.

So I put the camera into manual and tried this. I noticed that the histogram seems to be based on the rear screen and not the sensor.

If I rotate the exposure controls eg turn the time to 1 sec the histogram remains static but I do get the over/under exposure indicator showing over exposure.

This may be how it was intended on this camera as it's not termed a pro-camera but it would be very useful if the histogram indicated the exposure on the sensor.

So my intent was to try this in high contrast situations and expose for the highlights.

Is there any way to change this? I could not find it in the manual.

Also, I was considering upgrading to an Oly OM-D E-M1 but does this offer any different features with the histogram?

Kind regards

Andy.

AndyNC's gear list:AndyNC's gear list
Pentax K10D Canon EOS 600D Olympus OM-D E-M10 II +7 more
Olympus E-M1 Olympus OM-D E-M10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow