Sony FE 24-105mm F4 G OSS

Started 3 months ago | User reviews thread
MicahSYL
MicahSYL Senior Member • Posts: 2,563
Re: Sony FE 24-105mm F4 G OSS

ber223 wrote:

I just got back from a week hiking in RMNP. I had the 24-105 on my A7Riii for all of the hikes (averaged about 6-7 miles/day). When I first got this set up I felt like it was quite heavy, however the weight and balance were never a problem hiking. I have overall been very impressed with the sharpness and IQ of this lens too. I have only started to look at the shots from this latest trip, and I’m quite pleased with how they have turned out so far. Since I mostly shoot landscapes, the extra wide angle range is much more important to me than more zoom (for which I have a Sigma 100-400). Overall, this lens has really hit the sweet spot for my shooting needs.

That was the same combination I am using now.  The 24-105 f4 for all-in-one (up to 157mm in APSC mode) and then the Sigma 100-400mm DG DN for tele.  But now for travel, it will be my Tamron 70-300mm FE as my travel tele.  It is only 545gm even lighter than my 24-105mm f4.  Less FL but a compromise well worth it for the light weight.  I will be getting the Tamron 150-500mm to take over my Sigma 100-400mm for local trips.

If you are into Focus Stacking, the Sony 24-105mm f4 is excellent.

Cheers.

-- hide signature --

The wonders in the tapestry of this Universe, demand a Greater Wonder.

MicahSYL's gear list:MicahSYL's gear list
Nikon D5300 Sony a6000 Sony a7R II Sony a7R IV Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G +18 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow