Sony a7III vs a7c

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Despiser Regular Member • Posts: 410
Re: Sony a7III vs a7c

Yankees811 wrote:

I am down to choosing between these two cameras after way too much research. Right now they are almost the same price and both have things that fit my needs. I am worried about seeing issues with the shutter on the a7III and possible issues with the external mic jack. I will at times be using this for video and audio which is why the mic jack part is a concern. The a7c looks like a good choice although it only has 1 card slot and the small evf. Anyone have experience with both that could comment on the shutter and mic issues or recommendations. Any advice is appreciated.

I was in the same boat, did lots of comparisons and ultimately went with A7iii. They are made for two different users so that's what it really comes down to, not that one is any better than the other, just different. I like the size of the A7iii. The front and back wheel with tons of customizing options with controls allow me to switch settings on the fly in different situations. Again, it's all about how you like to shoot. Both great bang for the buck. A note about the mic. I use an external mic for vlogging as long as I had the camera and have had no problems at all. If you plan to do vlogging you may want to go with A7C and its flip around screen. I use a separate ZV-1 for that and use the A7iii for 1st person perspective. I still prefer the flip out screen of the A7iii for discreet street work. My partner uses the ZV-1 for selfie view. For all the differences A7iii and A7C are very much the same camera.

Despiser's gear list:Despiser's gear list
Sony a7 III Sony FE 50mm F1.8 Sony FE 20mm F1.8G Tamron 28-200mm F2.8-5.6
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow