The Sony 7C is amazing on many levels. But I can’t get passionate about using it

Started 8 months ago | User reviews thread
Despiser Regular Member • Posts: 410
Re: The Sony 7C is amazing on many levels. But I can’t get passionate about using it

HappyMartin wrote:

I like the camera. It’s gets dragged around all over. I mostly shoot with the A9 commercially for stills but for myself pick the A7c. It gets used a lot for commercial video work as well.
No problem with the EVF. It’s seems fine to me. I pretty much compose in my mind before even turning the camera on anyway so the EVF is just to arrange the elements and get camera settings right. I use both left or right eye. No preference but I’m not sure if I’m left or right handed anyway. Camera works for me with either eye. LCD is used if I need to dig into the menus. Usually done when sitting at my desk. Otherwise I turn the LCD inward. I would be happy if my personal use camera never even had an LCD.
We all have cameras we love and those we really don’t connect with. That’s Fuji for me. Super excited to buy one about 6 years back. Hated the dam thing. Thought I would love all those old time dials, mistake.

The A7c definitely on my list of all time favourite cameras. And I have been shooting for 46 years.

You have been shooting so long that evf and lcd are almost optional. I don’t expect to reach that level, but I have got pretty adept at dialing in shutter, aperture and iso on the fly

Despiser's gear list:Despiser's gear list
Sony a7 III Sony FE 50mm F1.8 Sony FE 20mm F1.8G Tamron 28-200mm F2.8-5.6
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow