Anyone able to share C1 vs Adobe-Huelight conversions of R5/R6 photos?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Promit Senior Member • Posts: 2,071
Anyone able to share C1 vs Adobe-Huelight conversions of R5/R6 photos?

It's a tale as old as time - Adobe Color raw conversions of R5 and R6 files look kind of wonky. I'm having to push and pull files in LR a lot to get results I like where C1 just gets it very close to right out of the gate. It doesn't even seem to be consistent in a way I can save a preset for, instead every lighting condition seems to bring its own weird mix of issues to correct.

At the same time, LR offers much better DAM in particular. For as much hate as Adobe gets being subscription only, C1 is itself surprisingly expensive and I'm reluctant to pay up. The other option would be to buy Huelight's profiles, which I've done in the past for other cameras, but I've found that his colors can be more muted/neutral than I'd like and require a "punchiness" preset to get to a good place.

All that said, it would be nice if people could share a few photos comparing C1 vs Huelight conversions to give me a sense of how the default color rendition compares.

(P.S. I'm assuming someone's going to chime in with "but I like Adobe Color just fine, here's my pretty photo with it!" Great, I'm happy for you, but I have spent a lot of time with this and I'm not interested in seeing what someone else is getting out of default ACR profiles.)

Promit's gear list:Promit's gear list
Canon EOS R5 Canon EF 100mm F2.8L Macro IS USM Canon EF 16-35mm F4L IS USM Canon RF 35mm F1.8 IS STM Macro Canon RF 24-105mm F4L IS USM +1 more
Canon EOS R5 Canon EOS R6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow