Question about what to wear

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
calson Forum Pro • Posts: 10,570
Re: Question about what to wear

I wear a black shirt and black pants and black shoes (type used by service people in hospitality, etc). I get poly blends as they are cooler than cotton and with black clothing any wrinkles from wear during the day are not highly visible as would be the case with lighter clothing.

In warm weather I like the black polo shirts that have the polyester "antimicrobial" fabric as I find that it works very well to prevent body odor after hours of perspiring while moving around constantly at an event. The "golf" from Edwards Garment shirts work very well in this regard.

Wearing black I am not going to jump out in the photos of others and I am still quickly understood to be a professional doing a job. With a second photographer, also in black clothing, we seldom screw up each other's shots and I know because I can the thousands of images after an event and quickly discard any with myself or my second photographer in the frame.

I find it appalling when I see video camera operators who show up dressed in raggedy jeans and white t-shirts. They have no respect for themselves or for their clients.

-- hide signature --

"It is horrifying that we have to fight our own government to save the environment." Ansel Adams

calson's gear list:calson's gear list
Nikon D5 Nikon D850
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow