Need help with camera choice

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
OP Dreamer2021 New Member • Posts: 11
Re: Need help with camera choice

D Lynch wrote:

Dreamer2021 wrote:

D Lynch wrote:

Congratulations on searching for a new camera.

I've always used Nikon from early slr days. That's about '72 on the way-back machine.

I had a business that was profitable in photography. Nikon. Leica.

If I were starting today with a new purchase I would buy Canon. I like Canon menus that I have experienced. I like Canon images, even better than my Nikon dslr.

I've had a few Sony cameras. NEX5; F828; a6000; RX100-2; RX100-7 I don't like Sony menus. My favourite of these is my recently bought RX100-7. It's amazing. Focuses quickly! Better colour than previous Sonys. No lens changes. The menus are so much better than previous Sonys. I see a Sony on your list. Please check it out thoroughly. See if your brain likes the menus. (I've configured my RX100-7 in such a way I can stay away from dreaded Sony menus.)

Is size a concern?

When I broke my shoulder (it's healed) mobility was an issue. I only had one hand going, and changing lenses was risky. So I traded my lenses and bought an FE24240 lens. It's beautiful. But heavy.

Even though I have Nikon stuff, there must be good reasons why so many people buy Canon.

You recommend Canon. Do you like the one I mentioned or another one? Or do you prefer your Sony RX100-7? My brain can’t understand complicated menus. That’s why I’m looking for a camera that’s easy to use, and one that I can grow with.

We have a Canon M50 that’s a delight to use we bought it with a kit zoom lens and a longer telephoto zoom lens Almost right away we bought an extended zoom lens (wide angle to telephoto zoom lens) it’s wonderful

that camera was replaced with a second generation model It would be better still

So the M50 is an interchangeable lens camera It’s not full frame As your needs change you buy a different lens

May I PM you?

I will check out the M50. Which model did you replace it with? Yes you can PM me.

Dreamer2021's gear list:Dreamer2021's gear list
Nikon Z6 II Nikon Z 24-70mm F4
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow