I Returned It!

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Elliern Senior Member • Posts: 1,681
I Returned It!

I went out early this morning to the beach, hoping to possibly get some good shots of BIFs and other subjects.  It was a beautiful day.  Shortly after I arrived, off in the distance,  I saw a large group of pelicans heading my way. I switched over to Shutter mode, checked my settings, checked ec,  stabilized myself and the camera on the railing and watched them through the viewfinder. As they got close, I began shooting.  They were just slowly gliding along.  I was able to turn, refocus and follow them as they glided past.  I checked the playback view and they looked pretty good.  As I got back to the car, I saw some smaller birds around and took a few shots of them while supporting the camera on the top of the car door.  
When I got home, I downloaded the images….there was not one shot that was sharp.  Some , but not all, were very dark and underexposed , even though they looked fine while I was shooting.  The smaller birds were also not sharp and had no feather detail.  They were all just a mess.  
So I called B&H and requested a return authorization and packaged it up and dropped it off at FedEx.  
For now, I will just use my Nikon P950.  I feel good about many of the photos I have taken with the Nikon. 
I may decide to get another bridge camera that is supposed to do well for BIFs in the future.  But won’t go that route for awhile.  This has been a very frustrating experience for me.  I will not buy another Sony, that I do know.  
I want to thank all of you kind people who gave me settings to try, encouraged me, and did your very best to help me out.  
I will continue to check in to see all your beautiful photos and I wish everyone great shooting, joy and good health.
Thanks Everyone.

-- hide signature --

Ellie
Enjoy the Moments!
“What day is it?” asked Pooh.
“It’s today,” squeaked Piglet.
“My favorite day,” said Pooh.
A.A. Milne

Elliern's gear list:Elliern's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Nikon Coolpix P610 Nikon D5100 Sony a6000 Nikon D5500
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow