What happened to the FA 21 Limited?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
RBIV Regular Member • Posts: 490
Re: What happened to the FA 21 Limited?

Phil A Martin wrote:

PentUp wrote:

jamesm007 wrote:

I am not in the market for one but I am happy to see it says weather resistant finally Pentax might start making all of its small primes weather resistant.

I’m not in the market for this either, but I hope for those that are, that it arrives soon.

it’s not like the Pentax lineup is lacking in small wide angle prime lenses, but I hope that Ricoh are on the ball with bringing out some lens types that Sigma / Tamron make for brands other than Pentax, and that Pentax doesn’t (yet) make for K-mount.

Same here, I've no interest in a 21mm for full frame but this new lens would be too much glass for APSc. I'd rather stick with my exist 21mm ltd but what I wish Pentax would release, is a 28mm WR lens. As a 43mm equivalent on APSc and obviously a useful wide for full frame.

+1 on the "too much glass" comment.

A minority opinion perhaps,  but I hope hope hope hope Pentax continues with a series of  *small*  well built optics designed for APS-C format.  (Release of the K3iii gives me hope, sort of).

I fear they will go to a one lens FF format, and while quality may in fact be better when mounted on APS-C,  the size will no doubt be larger than what I'd want.   Given only larger lenses,  I'd move to FF, and if I did that it wouldn't be Pentax.  It would probably be Leica or mirrorless.

RBIV's gear list:RBIV's gear list
Pentax K-5 Pentax KP Pentax smc DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited Pentax smc DA 40mm F2.8 Limited HD Pentax DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow