k3iii deep review when ?"dpr" Locked

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
JeremieB Senior Member • Posts: 1,116
Re: What I have noticed about their studio pictures...

Peleg wrote:

Yeah, after I posted this I did find and read most of the article. But, to my eyes, the RAW was not much better. I only compare cameras RAW shots...I don't use or care how the jpegs look.

DPR didn't "fix" the issue in the studio scene, either by solving the supposed shutter shock, either with replacing photos by photos taken with electronic shutter.

Also the RAW and JPEG present the exact same issue because the JPEG is developed from the RAW, so it's normal you don't see any difference.

And thanks for confirming my point about the fact that DPR is doing unnecessary harm to this camera by releasing those samples "as is", even with the accompanying article ...

I would think they need to send a new camera too. If another one turns out to have the same issue then Pentax has really screwed up again.

Did you read also how nearly no one encountered noticeable shutter shock out of "lab conditions" so far, and how the ones who noticed it had to struggle a lot to just show it ?

Even DPR article stresses that it's probably not an issue in practice ...

I just wish people here would not attack the reviewers as much as show their ire to Pentax.

I don't think anyone here did attack DPR regarding this shutter shock they found ... On the contrary ! It's helpful.

Personally I just don't understand why they release sample photos like this when they have possibility not to ... But to tell in reviews, about the issues encountered, of course !

For them to still have focus issues is inexcusable.

It it totally unrelated to focus issues if it's shutter shock, and if it's not it would be on DPR side ... (but that would be very surprising).

Normally those studio scenes are not done to test focusing at all.

I know this is going to cause a dogpile on me but I think Pentax needs to feel a little pain from their customers. I've been shooting w/ a Pentax for 15+ years. Love my K5, so I'm not some anti-Pentax troll.

JeremieB's gear list:JeremieB's gear list
Pentax K-70 Pentax K-3 Mark III Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 Pentax smc DA 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 AL Pentax smc D-FA 100mm F2.8 Macro WR +8 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow