FZ330: 10 Post-Focus JPEGS, Affinity Photo & Helicon Filter Stacking

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Mikedigi
Mikedigi Forum Pro • Posts: 11,150
FZ330: 10 Post-Focus JPEGS, Affinity Photo & Helicon Filter Stacking

I have old, dead Helicon Filter (not Helicon Focus) from years ago and I am on a free trial of Affinity Photo. Here I compared the Stacking functions.

My FZ330 settings were: Aperture Priority Mode, Vivid Photo Style, 0 Contrast, 0 Sharpening, -5 NR, 0 Saturation, AWB 2 clicks towards Amber, f4 aperture, -0.66 EV, no i-Settings, no filters and no lens hood. And Post-Focus mode, using a tripod.

The 10 Post-Focus JPEGs were selected in the camera and processed on my Windows laptop.

Both apps were fairly easy to handle but the actual Stacking function went on for minutes in Affinity Photo and seconds in Helicon Filter. I don't know whether that is normal for Affinity Photo.

The JPEGs were SOOC with no PP before or after Stacking. This is just to compare the Stacking, so I did not go on to brighten the photos, and yes, I do know that they are on the dark side.

The Stacks have been reduced to 2000 pixels high for viewing here.

1.  The Stack from Affinity Photo:

Affinity Photo

2.  The Stack from Helicon Filter:

Helicon Filter

The photos are best viewed at Original Size.

All comments welcome,

Mike

Mikedigi's gear list:Mikedigi's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ8 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS7 Olympus Stylus 1s Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ300
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow