A6300 with Canon EF-S 60mm macro?

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Barmaglot_07 Contributing Member • Posts: 518
A6300 with Canon EF-S 60mm macro?

I'm looking for a macro lens that has better focusing performance than my SEL90M28G, with the aim of blackwater diving - i.e. no light except for a handheld torch/focusing light and maybe pilot lights on strobes, lots of particulate matter in the water, and small translucent subjects moving in every direction. I did one dive with the 90mm and it just tended to hunt endlessly. On the next dive I took the 16-50mm kit lens and it was a lot better at focusing, but it doesn't have the magnification needed to shoot most of the critters encountered at blackwater dives. As I understand it, both the Sony 50mm FE macro and the Zeiss Touit 50mm macro are pretty slow too - of the latter, I've seen claims that it only allows for CDAF rather than hybrid AF. I'm considering the 30mm macro, which is reported to be reasonably quick, or the Canon EF-S 60mm f/2.8 USM Macro via Metabones or maybe modified MC-11. Has anyone used that latter combination on an A6300/6500? How is its autofocus speed in challenging light conditions?

Barmaglot_07's gear list:Barmaglot_07's gear list
Sony a6300 Sony E 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 OSS LE Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS Sony FE 90mm F2.8 macro +4 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EF-S 60mm f/2.8 Macro USM Sony a6300
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow