k3iii deep review when ?"dpr" Locked

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
John_A_G Veteran Member • Posts: 8,123
Re: Help me understand…

PortrayingLife wrote:

Who wants to read a dull obligatory review prepared by a bunch of disinterested novice to Pentax staff writers?

Not me…

People who are interested in how the product competes with other cameras.  Most people don't have extensive experience with multiple camera systems.  Certainly there are people that don't care how it stacks up against the competition - those people can listen to glowing reviews by people that think every camera from Brand X is fantastic simply because it says "Brand X" on the camera and, since that person has already bought the camera they naturally have a bias they want to fulfill.

It's always best to get in depth reviews from photographers who shoot what you want to shoot and at a quality you'd like to shoot at.  That's a lot harder to get good reviews from though.  Everyone has an opinion, but not everyone's opinion is equally valid.  When I was shooting sports for pay I could care less what DPRs review of the top sports cameras were - they were not, IMO, qualified.  I looked to other sites that had professional PJs who posted their reviews of the gear.  Now that my interests are less narrow in scope, I'm more interested in generic reviews again.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow