Big and small things

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Tintin51 New Member • Posts: 22
Big and small things

Big: I received my K3.3 last Thursday, a 70th birthday present for myself (with fullhearted support of my wife!). Coming from the simplicity of the K5IIs I must say that the learning curve of the UI looks steep and loong. For instance, I must learn not to touch RAW or AF mode buttons accidentally or I find suddenly me taking only JPGs. Ouch! The OVF is fantastic, but seeing which focus point is diffcult.

Small things:

• To be able to recharge finally a Pentax DSLR from a USB socket is a real advantage.
  • The new battery charger K-BC177E is awesome. They say the charging time is 150 minutes, but in practise it's faster. After the first charge the battery is never fully depeleted.
  • Using a phone or pad for remote control may be useful in a studio, but on a walk in nature awfully slow. My 40-year-old  Right Angle Finder M is handier, works even in bright sunlight.  
  • Last but not least: where have some smart Pentax storage inventions been forgotten?
    Viewfinder cap: In some early models there was a pocket in the strap.
    Remote Switch: There was a slot in the Battery Grip.
    My solution: I carry a memory card pouch in my belt for a GR spare battery and nicknacs.

-- hide signature --

Hannu

Tintin51's gear list:Tintin51's gear list
Ricoh GR II Pentax K-3 Mark III Pentax smc DA* 50-135mm F2.8 ED (IF) SDM Pentax smc DA 12-24mm F4.0 ED AL (IF) Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro +2 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow