Nikon 500 PF - Wonderful lens, worth every penny

Started 9 months ago | User reviews thread
Timotis77
Timotis77 Contributing Member • Posts: 610
Re: Nikon 500 PF - Wonderful lens, worth every penny

vwsjr wrote:

The lens was a substantial purchase for me but after using it for months, I felt the value was better than I expected. It sits between the cheaper zoomz in the $1000 range, and the $10,000 500mm f/4. In my experience it's a lot closer in every way to the $10,000 f/4 plus you have the weight/size savings. Everyone knows that lenses reach a point where you pay a lot more for smaller and smaller gains, and I found this lens to sit in a very good spot where you still gain a lot over anything less expensive, and you'd have to pay a lot more for modest gains in some areas and still trade off the portability. Anyway, it's not a trivial purchase but I agree it's worth every penny.

Full agree with your remarks on the 500PF....... It's a brilliant, weight/size saving lens!

IMO, I don't believe the optical gain and extra stop of light  is worth spending the extra 5-6k on...

I'll never sell mine, along with my 300mm PF , TC 1.4 and D850 and D500 I have effective focal range from 300mm to just over 1000mm.... Anywhere in between  this range they can't, my feet can...

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow