** Gear / Photograph Forum **

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
left eye
left eye Senior Member • Posts: 2,423
** Gear / Photograph Forum **

While DPR is a gear site and the forums a place to discuss gear, of course we also like to share photographs taken with our gear.

In other forums on this site most have a ‘**Weekly Photo Thread**’ to collect those photographs into a single thread and resource, it works well, is clear and creates a rich weekly ‘magazine’. This way gear questions are not mixed up with photographs so we know where to go to help those with questions about their equipment and where to view and comment on photos. It's like a clear menu system (-which we all like), as opposed to all items in a menu without any sub organisation.

I set up a weekly photo thread here a month ago, worked well, now it’s being neglected and many are posting photos directly in the forum along with gear talk.

The **weekly photo thread** has the additional advantage that when anyone posts a new photo to the thread, the thread is brought to the top of the forum - so others will be more likely to see your photos that you may have posted within it many days ago (otherwise your photos posted directly into the forum can become buried back to a 2nd or 3rd page within a couple of days).

For visitors from other forums, it also creates a more professional feel when they pop by here, that we keep our house tidy and in order.

If you think there is sense in having a weekly photo thread as an active collection of our photographs, now is the time to contribute, otherwise I’ll be abandoning it soon.

If you regularly post photos directly into the forum maybe try and place them into the Weekly Photo Thread, see if it works out for you.

My very best,

left eye.

left eye's gear list:left eye's gear list
Olympus E-300 Fujifilm GFX 50S Panasonic GH5 Pentax smc DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited Pentax smc DA 35mm F2.8 Macro Limited +8 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow