With one addition the D300 is totally usable in 2021

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Solomon
Solomon Senior Member • Posts: 2,068
With one addition the D300 is totally usable in 2021

I do most of my shooting with a D7000. I bought it refurbished by Nikon and it has been a great camera for me. But, I thought I would try an FX camera so I bought a D610. My plan was to sell most of my DX lenses and keep one DX body for the rest. I looked into FX bodies and chose the D610 for its small size and weight.

But, I didn't like it. Its low light performance with just marginally better than my D7000. But, in the meantime I picked up a mint D300 with 3 Nikon batteries for under $200. I thought it would be at least as good as my D7000 in terms of low light. It isn't. With the D300 ISO 1600 is way too noisy to use. Then I thought I would try it by passing it trough DxO's PureRAW utility. I found that if I shot the D300 @ ISO 1600 and ran it through PureRAW, it looked identical to images shot @ ISO 200. It is incredible. At this point I may sell my D7000 and focus on my D300. These AI-based denoise products are truly amazing. (I think Adobe and Topaz also have an AI-based denoise)

Solomon's gear list:Solomon's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Nikon D1X Nikon D2Hs Nikon D300 +14 more
Nikon D300 Nikon D610 Nikon D7000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow