New firmware for Lumix G9 version 2.4.

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Jane S
Jane S Regular Member • Posts: 376
New firmware for Lumix G9 version 2.4.

I downloaded the new firmware, version 2.4 (came out June 9th) for my Lumix G9.  Easy enough to do.  I verified that I have the updated version.  This is to help with human face/animal detection in the AF mode 1-area foal point.  You can have either human or human/animal detection, on or off.  I saw a video on Youtube and of how this is supposed to work in video and still photos.

It is supposed to put an orange box around that subject.  Problem is, I can not get it to work.  Funny thing is, is that if I point my camera at the tv and a human face is there, the orange box appears.  When I am outside, when I point my camera at a human, dog, or bird, no orange box appears.

I was shooting in aperture priority with the 100-400mm lens and the 50-200mm lens, both of which I updated. I  tried to "reload" the new version again, but apparently, that does not work.

Does anyone have any ideas about what might be going on?  TIA for any advice.

Jane

Panasonic Lumix DC-G9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Yxa
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow