Solution on camera shipping lost issue

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
nonproshooterdad Contributing Member • Posts: 823
Solution on camera shipping lost issue

There were some threads about camera lost in delivery. Carrier delivered the package at the front door or to a wrong address, and marked shipped. The buyer never received it. Seller said it's done with the transaction, while shipper said it's delivered, and no party responsible for the issue. The actual body responsible for the wrong delivery is the delivery system. You deliver it to the front door, it can be stolen. The shipper deliver it to a wrong address, and the deliver man is too cheap to be responsible for the random delivery errors. The only loser is the buyer.

I just bought a 5D mark iv and lenses package from a remote seller. I fully paid the seller already, and didn't buy the shipping insurance. I worried for the risk. So when I was checking the Canada Post tracking, I found that Canada Post gave a delivery preference, with options like "Deliver to Post Office", "Front door", "Side door", "Garage", "Front desk or superintendent".

I chose "Deliver to Post Office". I couldn't find any detail explanation on this. From the wording, it should be kept in the nearby post office and notify me to collect it, so eliminate the end point delivery risk.

This is not a full protection but save the riskiest step. I hope they don't try to deliver before keeping it in the post office.

nonproshooterdad's gear list:nonproshooterdad's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Sony a7 III Canon EF 85mm F1.2L II USM Canon EF 135mm F2L USM +13 more
Canon EOS 5D Mark II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow