Question about pinkish spot on lens

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
nervosa1901 New Member • Posts: 2
Question about pinkish spot on lens

Hello,

I am new to the forum and also new to cameras and lenses, so if this question comes off as one from a newbie, please rest assured that I have tried to search the issue I am discussing here and have had no luck. I'm not even sure if what I am mentioning is a "problem" but better safe than sorry.

I recently acquired a new 50mm GM 1.2. I noticed that when I point the lens upwards in the direction of any light source, a small florescent pink speck shows on the inside of the lens. It seems to move slightly as I move the lens and I can only see it when a light source is on it. I noticed a similar issue with my 35 GM.

I have attached a photo of the lens. There are some reflections from the light present. The pink speck is to the right of the reflections closer to the 1.2/50GM side of the lens.

Again, I'm new to cameras, so if this perceived issue is something not to be worried about, it will be a relief. Thanks in advance for any help here.

nervosa1901's gear list:nervosa1901's gear list
Sony a7R IV Sony FE 12-24mm F2.8 GM Sony FE 35mm F1.4 GM Sony FE 50mm F1.2 GM
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow