Images not writing to SD card

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
canon5dsquared Regular Member • Posts: 382
Re: Images not writing to SD card

Fragonard wrote:

Has anyone had images that show on the camera back, but do not write to the SD card.

This happened on my 6d twice, after the first occasion I changed the card and re-set the

camera.

Now today the same thing happened ,does anyone have any idea what is going on?

So I know there’s a setting that will allow the camera to take a photo and show it on the LCD screen without a memory card in the camera.

But if you have a SD card in the slot then the camera should be writing the image files to the card.

First, do you always format the memory card in your camera before taking photos?

Second, is your memory card the correct type, class and speed for your 6D? Could the card be faulty or does it work for other applications?

And lastly, there are those little switches on the sides of SD cards, it’s possible the camera won’t write to the card if the card is locked and protected with the switch.

canon5dsquared's gear list:canon5dsquared's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM Art Canon EF 35mm F2 IS USM Sigma 50mm F1.4 DG HSM | A Canon EF-S 24mm F2.8 STM +8 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow