P1000 feature confirmation

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Satyaa Veteran Member • Posts: 4,310
P1000 feature confirmation

Hi. I went through P1000 reference manual for these features. I did not find anything on the first feature below.

I am interested in this camera for slow-moving wildlife (not BIF). I understand that the zoom can be slow to go from wide end to the long end. I would like to have fixed/preset focal lengths for zooming. I would like the stops to be 200mm, 500mm and multiples of 500 up to 3000mm. When I nudge the zoom lever, I want the zoom to go to the next stop quickly. There is such a feature with my FZ2500 (different focal lengths) but couldn't find it in the P1000 manual.

I found a section on this next feature but it wasn't clear to me. May be, I was looking in the wrong place.

When I turn the camera off and on again, I want to zoom to start at 200mm or around 500mm.

Please clarify if these two features exist.

Edit: Third... If going around a bird sanctuary or wild life reserve with the camera turned on, how many hours does the battery last?

Thanks.

-- hide signature --

See my profile (About me) for gear and my posting policy.

Nikon Coolpix P1000 Panasonic FZ2500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Labe
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow