Micro contrast/definition

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
mmacleodbrown
mmacleodbrown Regular Member • Posts: 227
Micro contrast/definition

I'm in the market for a lens between the 35-50mm FL. This lens is for city/street walkabout after dark or the blue hour, not so much during the day.

The Samyang would be hard to beat at its price point, but no weather sealing which I do want as I love the whole rainy street reflecting all the street lighting, so I expect to be out in inclement weather.

That leaves me with the 40G 2.5 or the Batis 40. The Sony is nice and small, light, but F2.5 and the lens I want will be for low light

The Batis appeals as I love the Zeiss look, it is F2 which is better, faster AF, but larger though still relatively lightweight. Do I need to use the hood at night as that makes it look smaller then

Can the micro contrast be added or enhanced in software afterwards as then the 40 2.5 could then come into play.

I'm aware of the Batis issues, but for what I want, I don't think it is such an issue for me.

Price is not an issue here. My camera is an AR72

I'm flip flopping between the two at the moment hence this post..

mmacleodbrown's gear list:mmacleodbrown's gear list
Sony a6000 Sony a7R II Sony 16-35mm F2.8 ZA SSM Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony FE 24-105mm F4 +4 more
Ricoh Caplio R7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow