Nice small light quality lens

Started 1 month ago | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
softmarmotte
softmarmotte Senior Member • Posts: 3,051
Nice small light quality lens

I had the 12-40 Oly Pro but since getting the Leica 12-60 have barely touched it, so I thought I'd sell it on and add to my Oly primes - 25, 45 and 75 1.8s. Choice for me of 12 mm or 17. I thought the 17 more practical for everyday shooting, plus I have 12 mm pretty well covered with other lenses

MPB kindly took my 12-40 and gave me a few hundred Eur as well as the 17mm in 'excellent condition'

Been trying it out in the garden and as ever it's a decent quality product with good rendering. Not quite as nice to my eye as the 25 or 45 but still a good look to the images

If I ever see a review with 'this lens is soft', this lens is 'sharp' I completely ignore it. Never seen a 'soft', 'decentered' lens ... ever

Some recent images on my flickr pages - garden and flower shots on 11/06/21

I will be carrying it with me as my 'general' lens with the 25mm

-- hide signature --

anyone is welcome to do anything they want with my images except sell them for profit
https://www.flickr.com/photos/softmarmotte/

softmarmotte's gear list:softmarmotte's gear list
Sony RX100 Olympus E-M1 II Panasonic Lumix DC-GX9 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-150mm 1:4-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm F4-5.6 R +12 more
Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm F1.8
Wideangle prime lens • Micro Four Thirds • V311050BU000
Announced: Jun 15, 2012
softmarmotte's score
Average community score
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow