Memory card(s) for G9

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
rurikw
rurikw Veteran Member • Posts: 3,381
Memory card(s) for G9

I'm sure this has been covered but a quick search didn't yield quite the answers I hoped for so would be grateful for any advice. I'm on the verge of buying a used G9 for 799€ and trying to calculate total cost including necessary accessories such as spare batteries and memory cards. I'd rather not pay more than 50€/card though I guess I don't need to buy two cards just because I have two slots.

I've tried to read up on card specs but am still a bit confused. Anyway I found a card on offer for 40€ that seems to have quite high specs and looks like it should be sufficient, maybe even overkill for my needs. I haven't ever shot long fast bursts and only little video but that doesn't mean I might not want to take advantage of the G9's capacities in the future and the 6K mode looks interesting.

The card is a Lexar Professional SDXC 250MB/s XCII V60 U3 C10 . How would you experts rate it? For comparison I might mention a Sandisk Extreme 150MB/s XCI V30 U3 C10 for 19€ which I guess just might be sufficient(?) but saving (2x?)21€ and then run into speed limits or just not taking advantage of the G9's potential doesn't sound very clever. Both are 64GB. Never came close to filling that on my GX7.

rurikw's gear list:rurikw's gear list
Nikon Coolpix 5000 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Sigma DP1 Merrill Sigma DP2 Merrill Sigma DP3 Merrill +28 more
ANSWER:
Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Yxa
Yxa
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow