Beginner here...

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
Toronto Photography
Toronto Photography Senior Member • Posts: 1,052
Re: Beginner here...

theworstphotographerontheinternet wrote:

Like Mark said in his reply, there's inevitably going to be a trade-off here between size, zoom range, and image quality. If you're prepared to make a slight compromise on the size of the camera, I think you'd do well to look at a Panasonic LX100 (that's the original, not the more expensive mk. ii version).

You'll be able to find one in good condition, second-hand, for well within your budget. It's decent sensor size and fast lens mean you should be able to take some really nice shots, but it's a bit too big to go in your pocket. Still, I think it could be a good option for you.

Til it broke after a few years of use I had the lx100. It has very high image quality. The lack of a real flash might throw you off. I put some of my defective lx100 in my gallery it generally produces better - as  i said mine failed in the last few weeks.

You might consider a further drop in quality get the water proof ones, they work in the rain, dont have to worry about being dropped, and are generally up for anything - if you where doing the Congo Serbia or Bali this would be a good option.

Toronto Photography's gear list:Toronto Photography's gear list
Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS II Canon EF 24-105mm F3.5-5.6 IS STM
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Bob
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow