Leica Q vs. Q2 -- $2k

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
The Lamentable Lens Contributing Member • Posts: 700
Leica Q vs. Q2 -- $2k

Hi Leica folks --

So I've all but decided to pull the trigger on my first Leica, and I'm going with the Q/Q2. The price difference through the site I'm using is $1,900 USD.  A few notes about my preferences / use case:

-  I print regularly, but rarely larger than 13 x 19;

-  I do crop from 28mm to 35(ish)mm on occasion, and I might crop to 50mm if I had the  resolution to support it, but I suspect it would be rare. I'd almost certainly never crop to 75mm;

-    I'll shoot in a light rain, but not usually in anything heavier. I've not been too terribly nervous about sensor dust on my other fixed-lens cameras, but then they did't cost what a Leica costs, so that's certainly a consideration;

-    I definitely shoot in low light, but it's not a primary consideration;

-    I like a nice EVF.

With all that in mind, and after doing a fair amount of research, I'm inclined to go with the Q, since I just don't think I need the extra resolution for my use case (I have a Sony a7R3 for when I need more resolution), and the EVF upgrade would be nice, but that alone certainly isn't a $1,900 upgrade.

Before I pull the trigger, though, I figured it would be worth asking here, as I very much value the experiences of other photographers who use the equipment.  I welcome any and all thoughts, and thanks in advance for the advice!

- LL

The Lamentable Lens's gear list:The Lamentable Lens's gear list
Leica Q Ricoh GR III Fujifilm X100V Olympus OM-D E-M10 III Sony a7R III +9 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow