WINNERS - ***Mini Challenge #670 - Mountains***

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Ontarian Senior Member • Posts: 1,389
WINNERS - ***Mini Challenge #670 - Mountains***

When I first viewed the images posted for this MC I thought it would hard to pick the winner. Well it wasn't. It darn near almost impossible!

Only four people entered, but each posted an incredibly beautiful and well executed photo that was bang on target. Can we have a twelve way tie for first place ?

I decided to let my emotions rule and select the photo that I wish I had taken. That didn't help much. The all pretty we met that hurdle. So I decided to try which vista would I most like to visit. That approached proved to be the one.

I'm going to ignore protocol and announce the winner first.

First Place goes to Kederek's Pocatera Ridge.  I could feel myself yearning to immerse my self in those valleys.  To hike along and feel dwarfed by the peaks, yet enjoying the greenery as well.  No doubt there would be game to view as well.  Well done Kederek, the next MC is yours.

Second Place, but really second to none, goes to The_WB"s Zion NP shot.  Why hike when you can drive  The scenic road at 30 mph speed limit and probable numerous pull outs would allow unlimited opportunities to enjoy the splendid colours and weathered rock.

Third Place belongs to Richard's Denali.  Majesty is an understatement for Denali and Richard captured it very well.  Unfortunately too much of a hike for these old legs (:

I would like to give nine honourable mentions, but supper is ready so just one.

Get BG's photo of snow covered mountains is simply beautiful.

Looking forward to the next mini-challenge.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow