Time lapse w/D750 question

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
John M Roberts Senior Member • Posts: 2,670
Time lapse w/D750 question

I've learned that there is no option to manually change the exposure level during the time lapse session. It seems one has to pause, make your adjustments then reselect Time-Lapse to resume.

In the case where I'm using a 2 second or so interval between each exposure the delay would be noticed due to motion in the scene. An example is capturing a sunrise with a 30 minute time period to which there would obviously be a significant difference in light levels from beginning to end. Not being able to adjust this manually while in progress is a real flaw.

I spoke with a Nikon tech rep who then had to put me on hold several times to inquire with a more knowledgable person. Why I couldn't just speak directly was frustrating. The best recommendation I could get was to set the camera to auto ISO while in manual and set the meter to matrix and hope the program interprets the scene correctly. I'll give it a try but that's not too reassuring to me.

There's conditions in the Columbia River Gorge in OR where at this time of year as the sun rises it can cast some wonderful movement of beams which change in intensity and color. What would you suggest doing to make the most of this mode in Time-Lapse. I'll welcome hearing about Interval timer shooting but mainly want to deal with Time-Lapse for now.

Thanks.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow