SOS getting back into the action

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Gekwesphotography New Member • Posts: 11
SOS getting back into the action

Hi, here is my scenario. I had a Nikon D7000 and a kit lens 18-140mm. No both these tools have seen better days and I need to do an upgrade. I turned to our friend "Google", read a lot of reviews watch videos. I don't know which body to upgrade to.

I had a look at the D7200 and D750, both these items I need to get 2nd hand. I'm not a big fan of buying a Body 2nd hand.

I know the D7200 was recommended over the D7500 and it's mainly due to its card slots.

The D750 is of course a full-frame body and work's much better with low light, but does the bells and whistles of the D500 give it an edge...

I have done the occasional wedding and engagement/party shoot in the past. Would like to step up my game and go semi-professional shooting wildlife and sport as well.

I'm also keen to shoot some video as well. I bought the Sigma F2.8 70-200mm, but I tried it out on a D5500 and I wasn't impressed with the results and I take it the D5500 was not the best body to use it on. The lens is also actually really heavy. I can't see myself shooting with it for a long time without a monopod. I was thinking of getting the Sigma 17-70mm F2.8-4 lens and if I don't go with the F2.8 70-200mm then the 100mm-400mm

I know I have touched on a lot of aspects, but it would be great to get good feedback on this matter...

Your welcome to watch the video clip I loaded on. Still, images were taken with my 35mm 1.8G lens and broken D7000 and then video recorder with my cellphone Samsung A71.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqfFK-hraEQ

Nikon D500 Nikon D5500 Nikon D7000 Nikon D7200 Nikon D750 Nikon D7500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow