Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
Valeriu 64
Valeriu 64 Veteran Member • Posts: 3,938
Re: K3III firmware 1.01 ?

5r82 wrote:

Valeriu 64 wrote:

JeremieB wrote:

Hello,

Did anyone keep/have/know where to find firmware 1.01 for Pentax K3iii ?

I just upgraded to 1.02, and apparently I didn't keep previous ones ...

Asking that because after this upgrade, I think AF is failing big time

Symptoms so far:

- with DFA 100 macro, sometimes it would just not focus, in af-c, when you change subject quickly. There is a leaf, I can reproduce it all the time from some angle, but it happens frequently in other circumstances (never before).

Then, either it waits for a few seconds, doing nothing, then it focuses. It's doing pauses like this frequently.

Either it acquires (correct) focus, then moves it backwards - pause - move backwards - pause, until it's at closest distance. If I move to another subject and trigger AF again it might work. If I move back to same subject (some leaf in my case), the same weird behaviour occurs.

- with 150+450 and typical scene of a bird flying high in the sky, in AF auto: when triggering AF, it moves backwards a little, viewfinder gets blurred and... That's it. It never tries to acquire focus again, it's like it became completely blind to the birds. But it might just be the same pause, but when it's back to work birds have gone away for sure a long time ago.

I must say I'm absolutely sure none of this happened before I migrated to 1.02 and reset settings. I did both in sequence so I didn't test upgrade without reset settings. I normally did set back main AF settings but even with defaults, it never behaved like that.

Alternatively, is there some reset to factory settings feature ? (that would include original firmware)

Is this somehow the bankruptcy of the Pentax brand? 😏

As we can see, the problems are multiplying instead of being solved.

Actually, the same things happened with K-1. But finally Pentax polished most of the issues into one great camera. Well perhaps except the selecting cards issue which remained. But perhaps that was designers wish for some reason not known to us. So I believe the same corrections will happen to K-3 III with new firmware updates soon.

Let's hope that they will solve the problems that are, and will be discovered, and that they will definitely improve AF-C.

Valeriu 64's gear list:Valeriu 64's gear list
Pentax K-1 II Pentax K-3 Mark III Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG Macro HSM II Pentax smc D-FA 100mm F2.8 Macro WR Pentax smc DA 18-135mm F3.5-5.6ED AL [IF] DC WR +8 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow