Fantastic bargain!

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Belgarchi Senior Member • Posts: 2,397
Fantastic bargain!

I bought an 'Oshiro' 500/6.3 new on Ebay, from Circuit City, for $115.

It has a minimum distance of 3 meters, a continuous diaphragm of f/6.3 to f/32, is made of metal, has a T-Mount, a non-removable collar and a removable hood. The weight is only 1160g (with 2 caps ; Hood +60g). The aperture is 80mm, there are 4 glass elements, one of them is Low Dispersion, another is Aspherical.

Preliminary testing (sturdy tripod and time delay required) with Fuji X-T3 and Olympus E-M5-III shows that the optimal aperture is f/8.0, and that it beats by a wide margin my only other 500mm lens, a pristine Tamron 500/8.0 MR SP (for sale - (-:) - contact me).

Doesn't work as a spotting scope: a prism to erect the image makes the light path too long, the plane of focus is somewhere inside tbe prism instead of at the eyepiece level. Better to use your camera (if possible with movable LCD) as 'erecting eyepiece'.

Will post images when I will have some interesting ones.

Belgarchi's gear list:Belgarchi's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ300 Leica D-Lux 7 Olympus PEN-F Pentax KP Fujifilm X-T3 +105 more
Fujifilm X-T3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow