DSLR to mirrorless?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
chrizonline New Member • Posts: 1
DSLR to mirrorless?

Hi,

In 2018, I bought a Nikon D750 which came with 2 lenses, the AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D and AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm f/4G ED VR lenses. I'm a hobbyist photographer and I take photos mostly of birds, street, portrait, landscape and occasionally animals at the zoo. I also brought it to holiday last time as it is not so heavy (body about 800g). Although it has serve me well for the past 3 years, I've experienced difficulty with the autofocus in some occasion especially taking photos of moving birds with my current zoom lens. As such, I've been thinking of upgrading my lens to get the AF-S NIKKOR 70-200MM F/2.8E FL ED VR lens.

Since i'm going to start investing in lenses, I'm considering whether to move to mirrorless. I've been watching youtube videos on mirrorless camera, and although Sony has the best autofocus currently, I'm leaning towards canon. Nikon unfortunately is lagging behind on autofocus. However, the canon body R series aren't cheap and that has deter me from switching system.

I've been asking myself these questions:

1. Should I continue to use my D750 and buy the Nikon F mount lenses. And should I ever move to mirrorless someday, I would get a Nikon mirrorless body (hopefully by then the autofocus would have improved) and still be able to use the F mount lenses with an adapter.
  2. Sell my Nikon gear and buy the cheaper EOS R body, example EOS R6/RP/R/Ra, with a RF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS lens. And one day If I have enough money, I would go for the R3 or better body next time.
Nikon D750
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow