18/1.4 LH-XF18 Lens Hood

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
RangerPhotog Regular Member • Posts: 162
18/1.4 LH-XF18 Lens Hood

I just to received my Fuji XF 18/1.4. I decided to get the LH-XF18 lens hood which is a rectangular shaped metal hood made by Fuji. Now I do not have any problems with the petal hood that came with the lens nor petal lens hoods in general. I have been using petal hoods that were included with Nikon lenses for years. This one just appealed to me. I use the hoods that were included with my f2 Fuji primes. I have never felt the need to get a third party alternative.

I have not seen comments about this particular hood in reviews nor review videos except that an alternative hood is available. I must tell you, this hood is one hunk of metal.....a gorgeous hunk of metal but nevertheless a hunk with some weight to it. This is not a flimsy hollowed out piece of metal like you find in third-party metal hoods. I have never encounter a hood like this and I have owned some of Nikon's finest lenses through the years. The quality does mirror the price and it does look absolutely gorgeous. I doubt you could bend this hood in any way even if you tried.  The weight that it adds to the lens is not unsubstantial. There is a noticeable difference how the lens feels on an XPro3 when the hood is mounted and not mounted on the lens. I do not recall any difference like this with any other hood/lens combination I have ever used. The added weight may bother some and this is why I have posted this review of sorts.

RangerPhotog's gear list:RangerPhotog's gear list
Nikon Coolpix A Fujifilm X100F Nikon D700 Nikon D810 Fujifilm X-Pro3 +4 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow