Sony A7riii no longer works with flash...Help???

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
Amanda_Taylor New Member • Posts: 4
Sony A7riii no longer works with flash...Help???

Hello

As I mentioned in the title, I have an A7riii.  I am currently using a Godox x pro trigger and Godox strobes.  TWO DAYS AGO this set up worked like a dream.  Last night I went to test out a few set ups for an upcoming shoot and.... nuthin'.  Here's where I'm at diagnostically:

EFCS: OFF

Mechanical Shutter: ON

Flash Mode: FILL FLASH

Anti-flicker Shoot: Have tried with this on and off and observed no change

Exp. Comp. Setting: AMBIENT ONLY

Wireless Flash: Previously this has always been on, but today I switched it off and observed no change

External Flash Setting: I do not remember touching this in the past.  The sub menu for external flash firing settings and custom settings are both greyed out and a pop up stating that the external flash is either not supported or not installed properly shows up when I try to "click" on either.  This wasn't immediately concerning because I am using a non native system, but I've tried everything else today so now I'm not so sure...

Other observations:

The camera icon appears on the x pro and the flash symbol with an amber dot next to it appears on the camera when the two are connected and powered on.  I have taken this to mean that both the trigger and the camera are aware that the other exists.  Is the amber dot something to note?  I don't normally shoot with the display that shows this so I have never looked for it in the past and don't know if the dot should be another color.. like, say, green?

The x pro will fire the strobe when the test button is pushed and it will adjust the power of the strobe remotely.

What I can't for the life of me figure out is why pressing the shutter does not fire the strobe.  Can someone help me with this?

I have even changed the batteries... just in case, but alas...

I did a live chat with Sony today and after preforming a factory reset of the camera they said to go cry to Godox.  Something tells me that isn't gonna work out.

help....?

Amanda_Taylor's gear list:Amanda_Taylor's gear list
Sony a7R III Sony 50mm F1.4
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow