Getting a Used FujiFilm X30 in 2021 vs. X20 (or Even X10)

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
sbansban Contributing Member • Posts: 601
Getting a Used FujiFilm X30 in 2021 vs. X20 (or Even X10)

The FujiFilm X30 has been on my wish list for quite some time, and after reading how it seems to have been their best compact digital camera for many, many users over the years on this thread https://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/4578530,I feel like getting one, even though DPR did not rate it too highly. But the only available units are all used, and are going for around $500 incl. taxes etc. The X20 (used) is much cheaper - around $360 - and a used X10 is close to $255. I compared their specs and found that the X20 and X30 have the upgraded X-TRANS II Sensor whereas the X10 comes with the X-TRANS I sensor. I had tried out the X10 way back when and had liked its colors and film simulation modes but it wasn't always sharp enough and sometimes smudged fine details. Of course, there are other differences among these three models like fixed vs. tilting LCD and optical vs. electronic viewfinder and some slight size and weight differences which do not seem to be that important to me. It seems that the difference between the X-TRANS I and X-TRANS II phase-detection sensor is substantial, so I would most likely choose the X20 over the X10, but if the X30 is streets ahead of X20, I could consider gritting my teeth and going for the X30 instead. One apprehension I also have regarding getting a used copy of such an old camera is that the unit might turn out to be a heavily used one with degraded parts and essentially on its last legs. Your responses and opinions will be appreciated.

sbansban's gear list:sbansban's gear list
Canon PowerShot G1 X Sony RX100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Ricoh GR Panasonic FZ1000 +23 more
Fujifilm X10 Fujifilm X20 Fujifilm X30
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow