GR III geotagging with a phone

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
MarBa Contributing Member • Posts: 807
GR III geotagging with a phone

Hi,

I would like to ask if anyone was able to get geotagging working on GR III reliably.

I don't have the camera but I have K-3 III and the system for geotagging seems the same as it is on GR III.

For me, everything seems fine and it works OK .. but I lose the Bluetooth connection between my camera and my phone every time I turn off the camera while my phone is sleeping. It would not reestablish until I wake up my phone.

So .. I can't just have my phone in my pocket and keep using the camera because if I turn it off or it turns itself off automatically, the GPS info will not be saved because the BT connection drops.

I can't figure it out. I have Samsung S9. Contacting Pentax and the App developer was with no response.

Anyone can share a success story? Can you just go for a walk set up phone-camera connection once and then have your photos geotagged during an extensive period of time, say hours?

Any ideas for how to set this up would be highly appreciated!

Thanks!

Best,

M

MarBa's gear list:MarBa's gear list
Pentax K-1 Pentax K-3 Mark III Pentax smc FA 31mm F1.8 AL Limited Pentax smc FA 43mm F1.9 Limited Pentax smc FA 77mm 1.8 Limited +3 more
Nikon Coolpix S9 Pentax K-3 Ricoh GR II Ricoh GR III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow