Mini Challenge #632: Motorsports

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Mina J
Mina J Veteran Member • Posts: 5,343
Re: Greg's Exhibits - Just For Fun

Birddogman wrote:

Maybe going for the coveted Dishonorable Mention here.... Not racing but my current personal form of motorsports at age 75. My heavily modified (but still stock looking) two-seater that, when feeling frisky, I use to "play" on the winding mountain roads where we live. Heeling and toeing, with the pipes screaming - YEAH!!!

By the 18th century stone barn where she lives - getting ready for a run on a nice day (she never sees rain).

On our looong lane through the woods, which itself starts at the end of a mile long dead-end road winding up the mountain. Not a race track, but.....

Fall is a nice time for a run in the mountains - here on the lane again:

Winter not so much - the tires, which are nothing but street-legal gumball slicks, are utterly hopeless in these conditions - literally cannot get out of the driveway.

When the dogs drive, they are always stopping at hamburger joints:

My partner and the toy car out for one final run just the Covid stay-at-home order went into effect here last March:

By the Pagoda at the top of Duryea Drive - a true street-racer's dream road (Google it) after a great run up the mountain:

Old Stuff: My hot-rodded two-seaters basically serve as an old man's motorcycle. They are one of the ways I attempt to feed the adrenaline addiction I have suffered since I served in the Army long ago. They replaced my crotch rocket motorcycles after I got too old to be competitive and the many broken bones seemed to take longer and longer to heal. This from back in the day - the very last bike I campaigned - a Ninja 600R at Daytona.

Really old stuff (circa 1967): Just before I joined the the Army, I campaigned an Austin-Healy 100-6 in SCCA road racing. The lady giving me a send-off became my wife and is now deceased. I sold the car when they sent me overseas, figuring I'd never come back. I obviously survived their best efforts to kill me and returned, but the car was gone. I wish I still had it.

Greg

Beautiful shots Greg!  I was also looking for the one of your grandson and his dad on a motorcycle racing through some nearby trees.  I loved that photo.  I could see it as an Entry 

Mina

-- hide signature --

"A photograph is a mirror that remembers"
By Blind Tom 1849-1908

Mina J's gear list:Mina J's gear list
Sony RX100 III Sony RX10 IV Sony RX100 VII Nikon D300 Nikon D750
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow