Sony FE 24-105mm F4 G OSS

Started 3 months ago | User reviews thread
Austinian
Austinian Forum Pro • Posts: 11,387
Re: Sony FE 24-105mm F4 G OSS

dave92029 wrote:

Very sharp, better than DXO review made me expect, fast focusing, and a great focal length for walking around photography. Several images taken with this lens on my A7iii appear to give a sense of 3d, depth which I had not noticed with any of my other lens. Very happy with my purchase.

Me too.

Only complaint is the lens hood. I wish that it allowed me to adjust my Circular Polarizer on the lens, like my 100-400mm GM does. I realize that they are at different price points, but using a Cir polarizer on this lens seems like an obvious choice, so Sony could have provided a cut-out n the lens hood.
Dave

If I reach inside the hood with my forefinger and maintain contact with the inside of the hood so I don't touch the filter glass, I can rotate the edge of my polarizer. If your finger isn't much larger than mine, that may work for you.

However, there's no fixing the variation in sky tint that wide-angle lenses are prone to.

Austinian's gear list:Austinian's gear list
Sony a7R III Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Sony a7R IV Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic 12-60mm F3.5-5.6 OIS +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow