Seeking tripod collar for 84mm diameter lens body, where to begin?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
mount evans
mount evans Regular Member • Posts: 449
Seeking tripod collar for 84mm diameter lens body, where to begin?

Everyone who sells lens collars describes them specifically by the lens they were meant to hold.  That will not help me.

My Tamron 55BB mirror lens never had a lens collar.  It desperately needs one.  (Previous models of this lens had one, go figure)  I have measured the only part of the lens that could be gripped without interfering with focus, and it is around 84mm in diameter.  (My measurements ranged a fraction of a mm above and below that value.)  I figure I could wrap the lens with something if I found a collar slightly bigger, or maybe get away with a slightly smaller collar depending on how the tightening-down mechanism works.

So, does anyone who sells lens collars know what size their collars are?

And is there a forum better suited to this question?  I would crosspost to "Adapted Lenses Talk" if this system supported crossposting.

-- hide signature --

My pictures: flickr.com/mount_evans/albums

mount evans's gear list:mount evans's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ35 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 II Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD +9 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow