Mini Challenge #632: Motorsports

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Birddogman
Birddogman Veteran Member • Posts: 7,795
Re: Greg's Exhibits - Just For Fun

As noted above, I found myself a bit of an adrenaline junkie when I got out of the Army after three years of overseas service long ago.  The bikes fed that addiction.  I am normally a peaceful, mild-mannered person, but somehow I can't help but get a little crazy with fast machinery.  After breaking my right elbow for the third time when hitting a patch of wet leaves on an early morning birthday run up Duryea Drive (see above), my late wife made me an offer I couldn't refuse on the bikes.  She was right, of course.  Went back to two-seaters of various types to feed my addiction - mostly Porsche.

The MX5 is a perfect old man's sports car - you don't have to get crazy fast to have lots of fun because the limits are relatively low and it is quite forgiving.  Also, it's relatively cheap to own and run.

Taking the sailboat to the edge also feeds my silly adrenaline addiction at a MUCH slower speed.  

It's taken a while, but Nancy is gradually getting used to this major personality flaw.

-- hide signature --
 Birddogman's gear list:Birddogman's gear list
Sony RX1R II Sony RX100 VII Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow