RX1Rii vs A7 vs A7c

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
UBrot Regular Member • Posts: 130
RX1Rii vs A7 vs A7c

Hi,

I've been using my A7rii for some time. I bought a RX100iii to complement it and - a lot of the times I don't take my A7 with me any more... But in turn at home, I'm disappointed by the Photos of the RX100 - DOF not shallow enough and IQ is lacking compared to the bigger sensor.

Which makes me wonder: I could sell the A7rii and my two prime lenses and might be able to afford an RX1 - if I stretch the budget, it might be enough for a RX1Rii, but then again, also an A7c...

I never had an RX1, but had an A6400 and liked the camera, but with lenses it isn't that compact any more. I fear the same about the A7c.

I used to have an A7i with a samyang 35 2.8 and it was a very nice combo - (tbh I'm also thinking about replacing my A7rii with an A7, but I'd really miss Eye-AF...).

So to form a question: Does anyone have experiences with some of these cameras? Is the RX1 noticeably compacter than p.e. an A7i?

Is it really such a joy to use? Is the 35mm Sonnar worth the hassle? The RX1i is only contrast-AF and even slower than an A7i, correct? The RX1Rii is basically an A7rii in disguise?

Or are there alternatives I didn't account for?

UBrot's gear list:UBrot's gear list
Sony RX100 III Sony a7R II Tamron 20mm F2.8 Di III OSD Samyang AF 45mm F1.8 FE
Sony a7 Sony RX1 Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow