Re: K3III firmware 1.01 ?

MightyMike wrote:

Valeriu 64 wrote:

MightyMike wrote:

Valeriu 64 wrote:

MightyMike wrote:

Valeriu 64 wrote:

MightyMike wrote:

First off, go into sensor cleaning mode and take an air blower and blow the area at the bottom of the mirror box a good amount to knock any dust out of there. Secondly take a dry cloth and give the contacts on the camera mount and lens a good wipe down. The try it out again, if the issues persist then there may be other problems that could be hard to diagnose and pin down.

Should it be blown under the mirror, exactly on the sensor?

Can't blow dust into the camera?

I also blew a few years ago at the K5 with a photo pump and it was filled with dust and lint, inside the focusing screen glass.

Blow and pray LOL I choose not to wipe the AF optics,

Not even with sandpaper?

uh... wipe them with Vaseline, it'll do wonders for you AF system... NOT!

I was kidding, you know, anyway.

Same here

😀😀😀

And I thank you for your solution to Jeremiah's problem.

It took me many months of this inconsistent intermittent issue to pin it down, I came close to tossing my Sigma 100-300mm F4.0 EX DG into the lake at one point, so happy I didn't! and it wasn't even the problem! Anyhow I'm happy to share my solution when this problem comes up, its truly maddening when you don't know the cause of it.

Such a situation, if we did not know the solution given by you, would send the camera and the lens to the service. If the equipment is no longer under warranty, then additional costs will result, which is not a happy case.

Best regards, Valeriu

no telling if they're easily scratched, I just blow the dust and if it lands on the sensor that is unfortunate... I tend to squeeze the blowers several times before aiming them into the camera in hopes that any dust that got in them gets out first.

Thank you, dear Mike!

Best regards, Valeriu

-- hide signature --

Mike from Canada
"I am not a great photographer! God is a great creator! All I do is capture His creation with the tools He has provided me."
'I like to think so far outside the box that it would require a telephoto lens just to see the box!' ~ 'My Quote :)'
http://www.michaelfastphotography.com/galleries/VP-BDI_3a.jpg
http://www.airliners.net/user/SpeEedy/profile/photos?sortBy=photoFavoriteCount

Valeriu 64's gear list:Valeriu 64's gear list
Pentax K-1 II Pentax K-3 Mark III Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG Macro HSM II Pentax smc D-FA 100mm F2.8 Macro WR Pentax smc DA 18-135mm F3.5-5.6ED AL [IF] DC WR +8 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow