Lens (lack of) weather resistance concerns

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
c h u n k
c h u n k Senior Member • Posts: 1,693
Re: Lens (lack of) weather resistance concerns

JustUs7 wrote:

Where are you going that will have, “spray splashing everywhere”? I take the RP and 24-240 to the ocean no problem. But it’s gulf coast Florida. Not down on a rocky outcrop with eight foot waves hammering the shore. And if I did want to shoot that, the lens goes to 240 for a reason.

If you’re just talking beach vacation you’ll be fine.

Also, if it’s raining on vacation for me, I tend to seek shelter. If I do take pictures, I’m under something. Otherwise my gear is in my backpack which has a rain cover.

Do you anticipate actually attempting photography in the rain?

I think weather sealing is great for pros who have to shoot events no matter what. For average people like me, I don’t even want to walk around in wet clothes or shoes. My camera certainly won’t be at much risk they way I travel.

I always have a large trashbag in my bag. If weather gets too bad for the rain cover, I just put it all in a trashbag to wait it out. This is when Im in the middle of nowhere usually though.

-- hide signature --

Some of my photos here: https://flic.kr/ps/2i6XL3
“You're off to Great Places! Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting, So... get on your way!” --Dr. Seuss

c h u n k's gear list:c h u n k's gear list
Canon EOS 70D Canon 6D Mark II Canon EF 85mm F1.8 USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM Tamron AF 28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) +7 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow