Z5 Exposure Default Too Dark

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Dan DeLion Contributing Member • Posts: 976
Re: Z5 Exposure Default Too Dark

balco wrote:

lumen64 wrote:

Hi I'm very new to the system (and full frame, and Nikon). When I'm out in good light during the day my camera's default seems to dark. I usually shoot in aperture priority. Any help or advice would be helpful. BTW I use matrix metering.

Same boat as you. Just picked up a z5, 24-200 to see if switching from Fuji would be worth it. Oh, how I wanted it to be, (and still do), but after weeks of playing with settings, metering, and adjusting profiles, it just takes far too many frequent adjustments and extra menu diving that needs to happen between every shot. If i was purely landscape, it would be a no brainer. But seeing as i mostly photograph people, and kids that move around the scene, its just far too inconsistent for my tastes, when the fuji nails it almost every time. If anyone has a trick to this and also how to mimic fuji skin tones, im all ears!

You probably should buy a third party manual for the Z5.  One that will show you how to do things.  How to set up the camera.  When to use which settings.  In the meantime set the camera to all "auto."

It will take time to learn the ins and outs of your camera.

Stay safe - Dan

-- hide signature --

It is a poor workman who blames his tools.

Dan DeLion's gear list:Dan DeLion's gear list
Nikon D850 Nikon Z7 Hasselblad X1D II 50C Nikon Z7 II Nikon Z 50mm F1.8 +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NCB
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow