No Z 70, no 100-400☹️

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Ruekon Senior Member • Posts: 1,668
Re: No Z 70, no 100-400☹️

Leonard Shepherd wrote:

Brueghel wrote:

I repeat that I do hope Nikon will wake up before too many DX customers leave. I do hope I am wrong and I do hope Mr Oishi was not just trying to calm down the DX crowd. After all, there is a difference between an interview and an official statement from Nikon.

In some ways the World is a simple place.

Those primarily wanting a DX system with a wide range of specific DX lenses could and maybe should have gone to Fuji years ago!

Fuji are on record as saying they went for medium format rather than 24 x 36 because there is too little difference between DX and FX to justify running a full 24x36 system alongside a full DX system.

Whether you agree with Fuji is perhaps another topic.

If Nikon had never released the D500, I would have gone with a D750 (or maybe a Sony). But Nikon did it. The D500 is the best camera I ever owned, providing me lot of pleasure until today (whereas the D750 got the Z6 as de-facto replacement + the D780 for (D)SLR stubborns) -- not speaking of new Sony crap released regularly.

If Nikon now released a DX Z900 along with the Z9 for one third of it's price, I would certainly be attracted again ...

Ruekon's gear list:Ruekon's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P950 Nikon D500 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 10-24mm f/3-5-4.5G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm F1.8G Sigma 18-35mm F1.8 DC HSM Art +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
csn
csn
NCB
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow