The E-P7 is a camera I asked Olympus/OMD to do

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Raist3d Forum Pro • Posts: 43,898
The E-P7 is a camera I asked Olympus/OMD to do

I promise I'll stop for a while after this on E-P7

Going back to the last year and a half to two years, this is the Camera I asked Olympus / OMD to do. A super EPL9/10. And it is- it sure ticks all the boxes.

That it is virtually the same size as them just bigger in W and H by a hair (and yet slimmer on depth by also a hair) is a great.

It's not out on the USA, but people miss that's how the EPL9 got released- first NOT in the USA. And in a pandemic era with a shortage of components, it totally makes sense to release it first on the bigger markets for them.

I'll wait.

Simply having the smallest m43rds camera with EM10MkIV/PenF capabilities is what I asked, and got it. I will probably support them (there wasn't an X-E4 back then, but then the X-E4 doesn't have the Olympus 75mm F1.8).

Yes, it would have been nice to have an EVF option on the hot shoe- even a new small one housing the PenF EVF which is small. But that didn't happen, and I didn't ask for back then.

Small and powerful, and the PenF great color/B&W is what I asked.  I didn't even ask for 5 axis IBIS, just at least 3 axis improved a bit. 5 axis EM10 Mark IV class is further than that ask.

-- hide signature --

Raist3d/Ricardo (Photographer, software dev.)- I photograph black cats in coal mines at night...
“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.” - George Orwell

Olympus OM-D E-M10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow