Anyone have fz300 AND sx50?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
VadiV Regular Member • Posts: 425
Re: Anyone have fz300 AND sx50?

I had SX50 for quite some time ( purchased total of 3 used ones ). Two of them failed ( not powering up, the other one defaults to AUTO and Mode selector does not work). So I really frustrated with used cameras, so decided to experiment with other models , first I  tried FZ300 but not happy about the zoom length.  Overall IQ is good but not that great , I could crop from Nikon DSLRs using my 300MM ( 450MM lens) for the same quality or better.Then I tried FZ80, I like it and kept it since the response, view finder, color of the image are really good. There is one limitation , IQ above 200 is not good. So, now trying Nikon P950 - this is really a good birding camera. Bottom line I have SX50, FZ80 and Nikon P950 and DSLR.

It all depends on how much you want to spend to get a decent Image. All these zoom cameras are good.

Here are some samples.... not from the same situations so not recommended for one to one comparison.

Do not have a good one

Thanks,

VadiV

VadiV's gear list:VadiV's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ3 Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS50 Panasonic FZ80/FZ82 Nikon Coolpix P950 +6 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow