Anyone have fz300 AND sx50?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Sranang Boi Senior Member • Posts: 2,581
Re: Anyone have fz300 AND sx50?

1. The menu system on the Panasonic is the best that I have ever found. And once you get into the Q Menu (Quick menu) on the touch screen you can change numerous menu options with a simple touch of the screen instead of scrolling through the menu options with the mechanical scroll keys.
2. As for reach, 600mm is quite good. If you need longer than that then you would need something like the FZ82. But if you are going to crawl through the woods, which is something I have done from the day I was born in the Amazon, you'll need f2.8 to f4.0 on a zoom lens. Anything higher than (f5.6 etc) that and you'll start to have to use higher ISO, which means higher noise levels. But from my hunting days I learnt that if you need a longer focal length, you are probably too far from the subject. And that means distortions in the air due to air turbulence. And there is also the question of haze, especially in open terrain.

Sranang Boi's gear list:Sranang Boi's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DC-FZ1000 II Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8 Panasonic G90 Panasonic Leica DG Summilux 15mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Leica 12-60mm F2.8-4.0 ASPH +1 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow