Handheld Macro for XT-2

Started Nov 1, 2020 | Discussions thread
Tim van der Leeuw Contributing Member • Posts: 863
Re: Handheld Macro for XT-2

Tim van der Leeuw wrote:

Tim van der Leeuw wrote:

Kyodo wrote:

Stunning pictures!

You used focus stacking obviously.. It was so difficult to me to have in focus more than 1mm.. 😬

Thank you!

I may have used exposure stacking of 2 frames on the 1st of those pictures, not even sure anymore if that one was focus-stacked or not! But I think it was...

The others are single frames, no stacking. Shooting at f/8 or f/11 with a flash, and hey some of those things in the shot are perhaps just 1 or 2 mm in size...

The focus stacking I did was from hand-held shots btw; shots had to be rotated a bit for that of course but Helicon Focus managed that quite well for me.

Actually, to reply to myself, I think that all images I posted were single frames. This is a focus stacked image:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/95999386@N04/51225468527

But to be 100% sure I'll need to check my other laptop tonight.

I've checked; this is indeed a single image, and not a focus stack. Here's the full image as exported from CaptureOne.

It is however a crop from a larger shot. Here's is the full JPEG out of  camera (I'm shooting RAW+JPEG):

And here's another example, again a single frame (this is one that I tried focus  stacking but the results weren't satisfactory and anyway this crop shows best the most amazing details).

This time the full image first as it was straight out of camera:

And here's my crop:

As you can see, cropping into the sharpest parts of the image is another important part!

Tim van der Leeuw's gear list:Tim van der Leeuw's gear list
Canon EOS M5 Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm X-T3 Sigma 2x EX DG Tele Converter Canon EF 24-70mm F4L IS USM +14 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
GKN
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow